Hey True Believers! (Or should I say Trubie Believers? 😉 )
So I know I don’t usually do reviews on Saturdays, but this was an exception since I wanted to get this out to you all asap! I received the True Blood Forsaken Fragrance and Deborah Lippmann Lipstick and Nail Lacquer today in the mail! It is a HSN exclusive and they are the only ones who have it right now (the Deborah Lippmann Lipstick and Nail Lacquer duo has already sold out as of a few days ago). I believe I’ve read that the Forsaken Collection (which is a pretty nice size and includes candles, body cream, body powder, a decanter and more nail lacquers. Check it out here) is due out in shops in September as well as hboshop.com around the same time, but Deborah Lippmann had said that her items may not be out until much later (if that). Now I know I don’t usually do fragrance and nail lacquer reviews, but the nail lacquer came with the lipstick (Which is Deborah Lipmann’s first ever lipstick!) and the polish has the Forsaken fragrance in it (You can smell the fragrance on the polish even after you put on a top coat!), so it just all made sense! Also, I’ll tell you now, there is a reason I don’t do nails on this blog lol. I’m not good at the whole nail painting thing and I also don’t go for manicures so my skin on my hands look horrendous! (lol) So please keep that in mind and be kind!
True Blood is one of my favorite shows, and there’s even a comic book series, so it ties in nicely into my blog!
Offered exclusively through HSN starting August 9 before appearing online in September via HBO Shop and in retail stores at the end of the year (mid-the end of November, per the HSN broadcast)!
Deborah Lippmann Forsaken Lipstick in Bite Me and Nail Lacquer in Let It Bleed
Their Description: Don’t bury your beauty. Vamp it up with a polish and lipstick in deep, rich, dead-of-night shades from celebrity manicurist and color expert Deborah Lippmann. Sink your fangs into this dark and flirty duo inspired by the HBO series True Blood. It’ll have you looking drop dead gorgeous until the break of dawn.
- .5 fl. oz. Nail Lacquer – Let It Bleed
- .13 oz. Lip Color – Bite Me
- Long-wearing lip color in a brazen blackberry shade
- Combines the rich, creamy color of a lipstick with the sheer, high-shine finish of a gloss
- Developed to be the perfect complement to Deborah’s beautiful vibrant nail lacquer
- Formulated with shiny polymers, emollient oils and a gellified system
- Provides brilliant, creamy coverage, beautiful color intensity, optimal shine and a luxurious finish
- Infused with aloe and papaya to help protect the skin’s barrier and keep lips soft and hydrated
- Free of parabens, fragrance and talc
“The scent will last on the nails for about four days. You can place a top coat over it without affecting the fragrance.” – Deborah Lippmann
- Long-wearing, quick-drying and highly pigmented
- Slightly thicker consistency and densely packed brush bristles
- Nail color glides on evenly and effortlessly for a truly professional finish
- Made with fine ingredients for beauty treatment benefits
- Contains biotin and green tea, along with Aucoumea Klaineana extract (a botanical resin from West African trees)
- Formula helps strengthen and hydrate nails
- Free of formaldehyde, toluene and dibutyl phthalates
- Infused with the Forsaken fragrance, which blends the scents of lush fruits, sensual jasmine and warm woods
- Lipstick in Bite Me: Very creamy and very moisturizing. I love the way it feels on my lips and it didn’t drag at all. It can be worn sheer, but is able to be layered. I’ve worn it for over an hour now and it feels like it could last and wear for quite a while before you’d need to touch it up. It’s pigmented and is the most gorgeous shade of Berry I have ever seen! It’s very flattering on warm skin tones, but would also complement a cool skin tone (it’s perfect for fall/autumn). It’s a universally flattering shade. This is a lipstick I will definitely be wearing A LOT. The only bad thing I can say about it is that the smell reminded me of toasted/slightly burned marshmallows, which some may not like. But once you have it on, you don’t smell it too much. For the quality of the lipstick and the beautiful color, it’s something I can totally ignore. It’s worth it!
- Nail Lacquer in Let It Bleed: It’s a vampy Blackberry in color and jelly texture. I own a lot of nail polish (I love them) so I can say that
this was one of the harder to work with. It’s very thick and it was hard for me to get an even coat. I got it opaque in two coats. The color is gorgeous, but it’s just difficult to work with(Update: Make sure the polish is in a cool environment before you use it. My initial review was when it had just came in the mail and had been in a hot mail truck for a bit before it arrived. I did my other hand today while my apt has been cooler and it was MUCH easier to work with. It’s still a bit thick, but it was easier to get even coats and to work with). The Forsaken fragrance can be smelled after you put your top coat on and it dries completely. The fragrance on the lacquer isn’t overpowering, and smells a different from the actual fragrance itself (which isn’t bad, but this is how it is with most lotions and body washes and things of that nature that are in collections. It does hold some of the top notes from the fragrance.) so if you don’t like heavy smells, you should be okay with this. Just to be safe, I wouldn’t put anything in the lacquer to thin it out as it might destroy the fragrance.
True Blood Forsaken Fragrance
Their Description: Does your ravishing side beckon? Inspired by HBO’s hit series True Blood, this smoldering scent opens with ripe, fruity notes, blooms with a blend of sensuality and complexity, then closes with a mysterious finish. Whether you want to smell irresistible during a romantic moonlight stroll or a naughty night in, its deliciously haunting scent leaves you — and everyone around you — powerless to its charm.
1.7 fl. oz. Forsaken Eau de Parfum
- Top Notes: Dark Blackberry, Anjou Pear, Blood Orange
- Mid Notes: Night Blooming Jasmine, Sheer Violet, Black Plum
- Base Notes: Ebony Wood, Amber Crystals, Patchouli, Vanilla
- Eau de parfum is second only to parfum in its concentration of fragrance elements
- Makes a great gift for fans of the show
- Dramatic bottle inspired by vampire fashion and couture brands
- Provocative profile curves like vampire fangs
- Glass boasts deep red lines that seem to swirl like vampire blood as the bottle is turned
- 2 ruby-red beads drop seductively down the front of the bottle like blood dripping along the edge of the glass
- Sensuous black lace design decorates the back of the bottle and frames the custom Forsaken logo
My Thoughts: I love the box that it came in so much!! So dark and decadent and baroque! I’m very particular about my fragrances. I like sweet, but not too sweet, and things that are sweet with a little edge (like Bath and Body Works Dark Kiss, which is one of my favorites). I usually don’t like to buy a fragrance that I can’t try out in the store first, so I took a chance on this. I love this fragrance on me and it works with my body chemistry. To my nose, it rings true to the Top Notes and then all of a sudden there’s the Night Blooming Jasmine, and finally I smell the Ebony Wood. This is a perfect combo fragrance for me because I do like sweet, but I also like musk and it hits both of those just right for me. This is a sexy fragrance to be sure!